Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thing 6 Reflection

At first the project seemed overwhelming just like the other summer inservice did the past two years. I didn't get started soon enough as i thought alot about what to do for a movie. I finally realized that I could use soem of the plageriarism info that I had collected and used with some students the past year. I had some very rough slides on powerpoint that need lots of work. So I dug that out and began working, researching, etc. It did start to come together and I was inspired to finish.

I don't know how I will use this with other teachers except to show them what I made and go from there. My teachers had to do 11 tools this summer so most of them did a movie of their own so they will be prepared. My school does do alot with teachnology as my teachers seem to enjoy working with most kinds of technology. I have found that the teachers here are great about sharing knowledge with others.

I would like to think that I will comtinue my blog posts for this school year as a way to keep the student informed about all things happening in the library and maybe feature a new type of technology to share. Teachers and students alike could then come to the library to learn more about something that caught their interest. I also share with other teachers areas of technology that I see other teachers using. We had a teacher here do a facebook project last year that was very successful and several other teachers have tried it or will use the same type of project this year.

I do love an online type of learning situation. You can go as fast or as slow as you need to and you can have access to help if you need it. I have a techie kid at home so he is my "go to" guy if I have problems. That is if I can catch him long enough to get him to sit down with me. Also I have found that there are students om campus that know way more than we do and love getting to help the teachers do things with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment